As You Like It
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get tickets?
Tickets go on sale April 1, 2023. You can purchase tickets through TicketLeap on our website here.
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
Usually, yes! If there are additional openings available on any given night, tickets can be purchased at the door with cash, card or contactless payment. We do recommended you purchase your ticket ahead of time through our website as you get all of the details about the event ahead of the time.
What does my ticket include?
General Admission / Student Tickets
- Entry for 1 person
- You must bring your own blanket or chair. All chairs in the blanket section must be low to the ground, beach-style chairs that will not obstruct the view of the blanket behind you.
- entry for up to 6 people
- a blanket and 4 chairs (additional chairs can be brought by the patron and/or rented at the meadow – to reserve an additional chair email email@example.com)
- snacks and special dessert
- please note: the blanket and chairs can’t be taken home with you 🙂
Do children need tickets?
Children five and under may watch the show without a ticket. Children 6 and above will need a General Admission ticket for the performance.
Where do I go?
As You Like It will be held at the Cedar Grove Meadow in Bidwell Park. 1 Cedar Grove Way, Chico, CA 95928. The Cedar Grove Meadow is located next to the Chico Creek Nature Center. Click here for driving directions. There is an approximate 100-yard walk from the parking lot into the meadow.
Is there a seating chart?
No seating chart. General Admission seating is first come, first serve for each section. There are blanket and VIP sections in front, chairs behind. Ushers will be present to help you find your section.
A general idea of what seating will look like. Please note: the stage design and seating layout may change at anytime before opening night.
What time should I get there?
Check-in will begin at 7pm. The show begins promptly at 8pm and is 90 minutes with no intermission. We recommend getting to the meadow between 7:00-7:40pm so you have time to get checked in and set up your seating.
What Should I Bring?
- A chair or blanket to sit on
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Your ticket – printed or on your phone is fine!
What can't I bring?
- Alcohol – there is no alcohol allowed in Bidwell Park.
Where do I park?
- There is a small lot right by the meadow that you are welcome to park in.
- If that lot is full, please park on the street on 8th or in the surrounding neighborhood. Please don’t block crosswalks or driveways of the neighbors of the park.
- Please don’t park at the Chico Creek Nature Center. The gates of their parking lot will be closing at 9pm and you won’t be able to retrieve your vehicles until the following day.
- Biking is encouraged! There are bike racks near the restrooms at the performance site.
Can I bring food and drinks?
- Yes! Please be prepared to provide your own supplies.
- Certain smells and loud noises may affect those around you or the production itself, so please be courteous in the things you bring.
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in Bidwell Park. Please leave it at home.
- All items brought into the park must be properly disposed of or packed out at the end. Please clean up after yourselves – this is our community park – it’s important we take care of it.
What should I wear?
The performance is in the meadow on uneven ground – it’s an open grassy field. We recommend close-toed shoes. Also, dress for the weather, it could be super hot!
Are there restrooms?
Yes. Restrooms are available for use next to the meadow at Cedar Grove.
How do I view the digital program?
Once you’ve checked in at the meadow, staff will issue you a wristband. Scan the QR code on your wristband with your mobile device’s camera, and proceed to the link it populates to view the program of cast, creative team and sponsors.
There is an approximate 100-yard walk on a path from the parking lot to the meadow. If you need assistance or accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
All ticket sales are final. We do not offer refunds. If for any unforeseen circumstance a performance is cancelled, we will accommodate ticket holders on another evening.
If you are unable to attend on the night of your ticket, or made a mistake while purchasing your tickets, we will do our best to accommodate you on another evening. If you are unable to attend because circumstances have changed surrounding the performance, such as weather, illness, etc., we will exchange your ticket for another evening, or to our next production. Please note that because of audience capacity regulations, we may not be able to accommodate you if a performance is at capacity or sold out. But we will do our best!
Didn’t find the answer you were looking for? Ask us below and a member of our team will get back to you within 24 hours.