A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get tickets?
You can purchase tickets through TicketLeap on our website here.
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
If there are additional openings available on any given night, tickets can be purchased at the door with cash or card, but it is highly recommended you purchase your ticket ahead of time through our website. We can not guarantee openings, especially on sold out evenings, as there is a max capacity for each event.
What does my ticket include?
- 1 blanket ticket = entry for 1 person
- You must bring your own blanket and/or low-ground beach chair. All chairs in the blanket section must be low to the ground, beach-style chairs that will not obstruct the view of the blanket behind you.
- All attendees on your blanket must have their own blanket ticket.
- 1 chair ticket = entry for 1 person
- You must bring your own chair
- entry for up to 6 people
- a blanket and 4 chairs (additional chairs can be brought by the patron and/or rented at the meadow – to reserve an additional chair email email@example.com)
- a charcuterie board and special dessert
- please note: the blanket and chairs can’t be taken home with you 🙂
Do children need tickets?
Children five and under may watch the show without a ticket. Children 6 and above will need at least a blanket ticket for the performance.
Where do I go?
A Midsummer Night’s Dream will be held at the Cedar Grove Meadow in Bidwell Park. 1890 E. 8th ST, Chico, CA 95928. The address usually doesn’t take you to the correct place using GPS. The Cedar Grove Meadow is located next to the Chico Creek Nature Center. Click here for driving directions.
What time should I get there?
You may arrive anytime after 7pm. The show begins at 8pm and is 1 hour and 20 minutes with no intermission. We recommend getting to the meadow between 7:15-7:40pm so you have time to get settled in.
What Should I Bring?
- For blanket ticket holders, bring a low-ground chair and/or a blanket.
- For chair ticket holders, bring a lawn chair of any kind.
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Your ticket – printed or on your phone is fine!
What can't I bring?
- Alcohol – there is no alcohol allowed in Bidwell Park.
Where do I park?
- There is a small lot right by the meadow that you are welcome to park in.
- If that lot is full, please park on the street on 8th or in the surrounding neighborhood. Please don’t block crosswalks or driveways of the neighbors of the park.
- Please don’t park at the Chico Creek Nature Center. The gates of their parking lot will be closing at 9pm and you won’t be able to retrieve your vehicles until the following day.
- Biking is encouraged! There are bike racks near the restrooms at the performance site.
Can I bring food and drinks?
- Yes! Please be prepared to provide your own supplies.
- Certain smells and loud noises may affect those around you or the production itself, so please be courteous in the things you bring.
- Alcohol is not permitted anywhere in Bidwell Park. Please leave it at home.
- All items brought into the park must be properly disposed of or packed out at the end. Please clean up after yourselves – this is our community park – it’s important we take care of it.
What should I wear?
The performance is in the meadow on uneven ground – it’s an open grassy field. We recommend close-toed shoes. Also, dress for the weather, it could be super hot!
What's the weather going to be like?
June 1 – 4, 2022 at 8pm
Are there restrooms?
Yes. Restrooms are available for use next to the meadow at Cedar Grove.
How do I view the digital program?
Once you’ve checked in at the meadow, staff will issue you a wristband. Scan the QR code on your wristband with your mobile device’s camera, and proceed to the link it populates to view the program of cast, creative team and sponsors.
There is a short unpaved walk on a path from the parking lot to the meadow. If you need assistance or accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
All ticket sales are final. We do not offer refunds. If for any unforeseen circumstance a performance is cancelled, we will accommodate ticket holders on another evening.
If you are unable to attend on the night of your ticket, or made a mistake while purchasing your tickets, we will do our best to accommodate you on another evening. If you are unable to attend because circumstances have changed surrounding the performance, such as weather, illness, etc., we will exchange your ticket for another evening, or to our next production. Please note that because of audience capacity regulations, we may not be able to accommodate you if a performance is at capacity or sold out. But we will do our best!
Didn’t find the answer you were looking for? Ask us below and a member of our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Talent, Crew & Volunteers
Do you want to be involved? We’re looking for crew & volunteers June 1-4 and June 8-11, 2022 for our summer Shakespeare in the Park production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream!